Date: To Be Announced
The course develops an awareness of and skill in writing about technical subjects, so that written communication is clear and easy to understand.
As the course progresses the training content can be tailored specifically to focus in on areas that require improvement for the participants. This approach ensures that training achieves a maximum return on investment.
Examples of areas where improvement in the quality of technical publications are of significant benefit are;
- Technical proposals for Internal & External New Product Development funding
- Technical submissions for Government R&D funding & Tax Credits
- Technical reports for internal and external publication
- Technical submissions for European sources of funding
The two day course comprises a combination of lectures and workshops.
• Create a logical, well-argued structure for any piece of communication
• Write clear paragraphs and sentences with greater ease
• Correct and edit difficult sections of text
• Make use of the conventions governing the basic forms in the technical genre
• Produce communicative tables and figures and use layout effectively in a document
• Use punctuation correctly
• Avoid the most common grammatical errors
Who Should Attend?
• Forming a Point of View
• Identifying Audiences and Purposes
• The Writing Process
• Team Writing
Skill in Writing
• Creating a Simple Structure
• Using Parallelism
• Writing Paragraphs
• Editing for Emphasis
Forms of Professional Communication
• The Writing Cycle – From Pre-Feasibility to Documentation
• Basic features of a Report
• The Proposal and Terms of Reference
• Design Reports
• Visual Aids
• A Guide to Punctuation and Gramma
325 Euro per Person (Ex. VAT)
Please contact the Network Manager, Catherine Lenehan
This fee includes all course materials & refreshments.
Eligibility for Job Seekers
Job-seekers can participate in Skillnets training programmes subject to the eligibility criteria listed at the following link;
Please register for attendance at the course by contacting the Network Manager, Catherine Lenehan by e-mail: email@example.com
Contact & Directions
This course will be held in Dublin. Please contact us if accommodation is required.
The training course instructor is Miriam O’Regan with more than 20 years experience in
Technical Writing training and is a recognised expert in the subject.
Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the course syllabus available on request.